To implement new standard for CATIA V5 2D drawing sheet format, administration mode environment (admin mode) in CATIA V5 is required. The new standard is then store in the specific location in xml format. The customized 2D drawing paper size name will appear in the table command for selection during the New Drawing creation.
Let’s go through the method together for the customization.
1. Go to Tools — Standards
2. Access Category — Drafting
3. Pick a standard, example: ISO.xml
4. Expand the ISO spec tree. Go to Sheet Formats
5. Click on Create format, insert the name of new format. Example: 2A0
6. Select on the 2A0 under the Sheet Formats spec tree
7. Insert the information as below. Example: W=1682 mm, L=1189mm
8. Access to Styles — Sheet. Click on Create style. Insert the name of new style: 2A0
9. Select 2A0 under Sheet.
10. Select the 2A0 under Format. Edit the setting if necessary. Example: Projection method: Third angle standard
11. Click on Save As New, browse the location path: C:Program FilesDassault SystemesB19intel_aresourcesstandarddrafting and insert the File name: 2A0
Remark: location path of B19 is subjected to change depend on the release utilized
12. Create a new drawing. Select the Standard and Sheet Style as below
13. Enter the Sheet Properties, you can view the details like Format, Width, Height, Projection Method and others