When you designing in CATIA, you will realize that the default 3D view orientation of XY (top view) is shown as
You can change this view orientation to other orientation as shown in Figure 2 below.
To change the view orientation, follow the steps below.
1. Go to View from main menu.
2. Choose the Named Views from the lists.
3. Then highlight one of the std view, e.g. *top, select Properties in Figure 3.
4. Select the top view mode as shown in Figure 4.
5. Then change the orientation like Figure 5 by clicking on the arrow in View Selection.
Figure 4 Figure 5
6. Click on Apply and OK to exit.
7. Now change the view to Top View again, the new orientation is set.
You can change view orientation to other view with the same step.
Note : A new NamedViews.CATIA Settings file is created under the User CatSettings path.