After the paste special from the previous object, the histories or activities that used to create the 3d part are removed. The 3d data will appear as a datum solid. Datum solid means the link is broken from the previous 3d data. How to capture back the activity so that it can be edited and parameterized? Lets go through the steps to do it as below.
1. Activate the solid by right click and select Define In Work Project.
2. Click on icon named Automatic Features Recognition . Check the Local Feature Recognition.
3. Select All under the Feature.
4. Select all the faces of the solid. Then click on Apply.
5. A message pop out after all the features are recognized and fully
parameterized. Then click OK.