Most of us face the problem before of Catia file icon missing or can not be recognized. This phenomena occur when there are few releases of Catia in the workstation (Example: V5R18, V5R19 and V5R20). By default, the installation will start from V5R18. But in some condition the sequence of installation may different due to re-installation or other factors. So, the file which save in V5R18 can not be recognized after re-installation of V5R18 in the workstation which have V5R19 and V5R20 previously. How to recognize back the R18 file icon? The method to solve the problem as below.
1. Go to my computer —–> c drive—–> program files—–>Dassault Systemes—–>B20 (the lowest release on the machine, example: B17) —–> intel_a—–> code—–> bin
2. Copy the location. Example: C:Program FilesDassault SystemesB20intel_acodebin
3. Go to command prompt type cmd. Then paste the location copied just now in the command prompt after type cd. Example:
4. Then type cnext /regserver
5. Then go to start—–>run. Type cnext /regserver and click ok.
6. Let the command run. After finish loading for the run, restart the workstation.